Custom Austin Homes
Karen Matuszewski is a custom home consultant who has been working with new home clients for the past 9 years. She will stay with your project from concept to completion, as well as serve as a resource for you long after you have moved into your new home. She has earned numerous real estate as well as designations from the National Association of Homebuilders (NAHB) and the National Association of Realtors (NAR) in home construction.
Certified Graduate Associate – NAHB
Certified Green Professional – NAHB
Certified New Home Sales Professional – NAHB
Certified University of Housing Instructor - NAHB
GREEN Designation – NAR
HBA Board of Directors – 2010/2011
Don’t Let Building Your Dream Home Turn Into a Nightmare!
We all know that owning a home is the “Great American Dream”. But owning a new home, especially one built just for you, is a dream that not everyone gets the chance to experience.
If you are thinking about buying or building a new home, here are just a few of the questions you need to ask the builder you are considering working with:
1. How will my home be priced – fixed price, cost plus or fixed fee? Why?
2. Who will be in charge of supervising the construction of my home?
3. Do you assist in plan design?
4. Can I make changes after construction starts?
5. How are change orders handled?
6. What type of warranties do you provide?
7. What type of insurance do you carry?
8. How can I be assured there will be no liens on my home at closing?
9. How do you handle communication during the construction process?
10. How do you handle items that need attention after closing and during the first year of home ownership?
11. Will you provide a list of homeowner references and banking references?
12. What professional designations have you earned?
13. Are you a member of the Home Builders Assn. of Greater Austin?
A lot goes into building a new home. Making sure you have the right team together for your project can make all the difference between a “dream home” and a “nightmare project.” Using the services of a professional to help assemble your new home team who has experience working with builders, architects, designers, lenders and the other service providers that go into building a new home, can save you time, money and frustration.